- Babis Alexiadis - The River Project
- Disappointed but we remain a city of culture
- Our Fabulous Supporters Who Were #intheroom
- Your Cultural Ideas - Visualised
- CABE Urban Design Summer School
- Disabled actors bring history to life
- Book Festival: Books Launched
- Walking As One by Adam Magyar and Rhubarb-Rhubarb
- The 26th Birmingham International Jazz & Blues Festival
- It?s time to Simmer Down and feel the festival vibe
- Residents make their mark on Lozells
- Something to SHOUT about in Birmingham this November
- Birmingham Chamber Music Society Season 2010-11
- Black International Film Festival returns to Birmingham
- Moseley Folk Festival's Fifth Birthday
- National Youth Orchestra comes to Birmingham!
- Rosetta Life's summer programme of dance for people living at the end of their lives
- Deaf Awareness Week
- BE Festival 2010
- Bums On Seats
- The Spectacle Works 'on the look out' for new artists
- People power boosts final pitch
- Objects of Affection: Pre-Raphaelite Portraits by John Brett
- Birmingham Council of Faith's programme for Autumn 2010
- Bullring sculptor, Laurence Broderick, to unveil bronze editions of his iconic sculpture
- Road Works
- Hereford Photography Festival's Open Exhibition
- World Cup anthem hits the right note
- University award takes jewellery to Beijing
- Birmingham City University talent shines in the real world
- Jazz in Birmingham
- The Mostly Jazz Festival Is Coming
- Deaf Multi-cultural World Party
- Treasured - A Secret Journey
- Black International Film Festival - Call for Entries 2010
- Andris Nelsons, magician of Birmingham
- Students design way to 20:20 success
- Egyptian Treasures go on show at the Barber
- Launching the cultural icons of the future
- National Academy of Writing Summer Show
- A Summer of High Notes at Birmingham Conservatoire
- Two Tales of Cities: Birmingham School of Acting's Summer Season
- Events at the NEC
- Roots Music in Birmingham
- First Light
- The Great Excursion
- Beyond Bricks
- Reuben Colley Fine Arts Summer Exhibition
- Jam House's Ben Drummond hailed as "One to Watch"
- Jam Houses Adds Musical Colour to Top Print Show
- Birmingham's Culture Bid Gets A Big Send Off!
- Digby, Lord Jones of Birmingham, backs the bid
- World Music in Birmingham
- Folk Music in Birmingham
- The BE Festival Fundraising Fiesta
- 5 Soldiers World Premiere
- From Birmingham to Broadway!
- Childhood nostalgia may influence how we decorate our homes in 2011
- Design dreams come true for Birmingham City University students
- In Search of Stardom
- Birmingham Pupils Set To See City Designs Unveiled
- Scottish Praise for Birmingham Chamber Choir
- Leading economist stresses value of good design
- Quality Streets are for Sharing
- ?The Future of Building? in Birmingham
- A Night at the Museum in Coventry
- Ikon Insiders
- Orchestra backs City of Culture bid through people's musical memories
- Hip hop to Bullring for Festival finale
- Riverdance star returns home to Birmingham with first solo show
- City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra News
- Your chance to influence final City of Culture bid
- 'Invisible dances' bemuse shoppers on High Street
- Hold the Front Page! UK City of Culture writing competition
- Share your memories of The REP
- Bass Festival Gets to the Heart of Music and Heritage
- Mitchy Becomes a Birmingham Bwoy
- Birmingham blogging to win title
- Put your shirt on the bid
- BRMB boss backs bid
- IDFB Dance Challenge
- Your latest fantastic photographs
- Grounded flights won’t halt the dancing
- More Birmingham architecture photos
- IDFB diary dates
- 24 hours of Birmingham culture
- Your architecture photos flooding in
- City architecture under the spotlight
- West Midlands’ Businesses back culture bid
- Election Debate: Creative Industries - 20th April, Birmingham Hippodrome
- Water-way to launch a dance festival!
- Birmingham Jazz Director up for top award
- Help us shape the Birmingham bid
- The Big Culture Blog - 24 hours in the cultural life of our city
- Night at the Museum
- Culture crown would significantly boost city tourism
- International Dance Festival Birmingham 2010
- Thinktank Goes Wild!
- West Midlands Open goes wild west
- Local people showcase their artistic talent
- Anglo Saxon Hoard Saved
- The West Midlands Open Art Show
- Come and Join the Fantasy Bus! And Find Out About Birmingham’s Big Ideas
- English Originals 2010: Grace & Danger – Danny Thompson, Graham Coxon, Bellowhead, Jackie Oates + more
- Beverley Knight to be honoured on Birmingham's Walk of Stars
- Birmingham Wins a Place on the Shortlist for UK City of Culture 2013
- Bridget Riley – Flashback Exhibition
- Launch to save the Staffordshire Hoard for the West Midlands
- Events for Children & Families at Ikon Gallery, March-May 2010
- ACE Dance and Music Spring Tour 2010
- Birmingham Celebrates Two Top Arts Awards
- Birmingham’s Big City Culture Goes International!
Put your shirt on the bid
Subscribe to RSS Tuesday, 20th April, 2010
Birmingham’s UK City of Culture team has joined forces with a Midlands fashion company, launching a competition to design an official t-shirt for the bid.
The Bostin Group has been producing Birmingham and Black Country themed t-shirts for almost a decade, celebrating the region with a number of popular designs.
Now owner Donato Esposito is backing Birmingham’s bid to be the first UK City of Culture in 2013 and has launched a competition to design a t-shirt for the bid.
Enter the competition and you could win an iPod Nano. Stay tuned for news of more prizes.
He said: “I love everything about this city and I’m 100 per cent behind the City of Culture bid. This competition gives the many creative people in Birmingham an opportunity to play a part in the bid.
“Culture means different things to different people and the creative industries are as much a part of the Birmingham cultural scene as the Birmingham Royal Ballet or the Staffordshire Hoard.”
Cllr Martin Mullaney, Chairman of the Birmingham Cultural Partnership, added: “This bid aims to celebrate every element of art and culture in Birmingham, including a thriving creative industries sector.
“Bostin t-shirts are a brilliant example of the vibrancy and creativity here in our city and I’m confident the creative industries would go from strength to strength under a national and international spotlight if Birmingham was named the UK City of Culture for 2013.
“Now we’re looking to add to the Bostin range with a t-shirt representing the Birmingham bid and we want the people of this city to show us just how creative they can be.”
The t-shirt ideas can use just words, images or both and can be either just one design idea or a series of themed tees.
In addition to the prizes, the winning shirt design(s) will be worn by the bid team as they head to Liverpool for the final bid presentation in June.
Send ideas and entries to email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
Closing date 24 May 2010
Unlimited entries allowed
Judges decision is final
Prizes will not be replaced by monetary value
All design entries will be copyright Bostin Group
Bostin Group images are available to download from the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/birminghamnewsroom/sets/72157623772705985/
Donato Esposito is available for interview.
For more information call Geoff Coleman on 0121 303 3501