- Babis Alexiadis - The River Project
- Disappointed but we remain a city of culture
- Our Fabulous Supporters Who Were #intheroom
- Your Cultural Ideas - Visualised
- CABE Urban Design Summer School
- Disabled actors bring history to life
- Book Festival: Books Launched
- Book Festival: Books Launched
- Walking As One by Adam Magyar and Rhubarb-Rhubarb
- The 26th Birmingham International Jazz & Blues Festival
- It?s time to Simmer Down and feel the festival vibe
- Residents make their mark on Lozells
- Something to SHOUT about in Birmingham this November
- Birmingham Chamber Music Society Season 2010-11
- Black International Film Festival returns to Birmingham
- Moseley Folk Festival's Fifth Birthday
- National Youth Orchestra comes to Birmingham!
- Rosetta Life's summer programme of dance for people living at the end of their lives
- Deaf Awareness Week
- BE Festival 2010
- Bums On Seats
- The Spectacle Works 'on the look out' for new artists
- People power boosts final pitch
- Objects of Affection: Pre-Raphaelite Portraits by John Brett
- Birmingham Council of Faith's programme for Autumn 2010
- Bullring sculptor, Laurence Broderick, to unveil bronze editions of his iconic sculpture
- Road Works
- Hereford Photography Festival's Open Exhibition
- World Cup anthem hits the right note
- University award takes jewellery to Beijing
- Birmingham City University talent shines in the real world
- Jazz in Birmingham
- The Mostly Jazz Festival Is Coming
- Deaf Multi-cultural World Party
- Treasured - A Secret Journey
- Black International Film Festival - Call for Entries 2010
- Andris Nelsons, magician of Birmingham
- Students design way to 20:20 success
- Egyptian Treasures go on show at the Barber
- Launching the cultural icons of the future
- National Academy of Writing Summer Show
- A Summer of High Notes at Birmingham Conservatoire
- Two Tales of Cities: Birmingham School of Acting's Summer Season
- Events at the NEC
- Roots Music in Birmingham
- First Light
- The Great Excursion
- Beyond Bricks
- Reuben Colley Fine Arts Summer Exhibition
- Jam House's Ben Drummond hailed as "One to Watch"
- Jam Houses Adds Musical Colour to Top Print Show
- Birmingham's Culture Bid Gets A Big Send Off!
- Digby, Lord Jones of Birmingham, backs the bid
- World Music in Birmingham
- Folk Music in Birmingham
- The BE Festival Fundraising Fiesta
- 5 Soldiers World Premiere
- From Birmingham to Broadway!
- Childhood nostalgia may influence how we decorate our homes in 2011
- Design dreams come true for Birmingham City University students
- In Search of Stardom
- Birmingham Pupils Set To See City Designs Unveiled
- Scottish Praise for Birmingham Chamber Choir
- Leading economist stresses value of good design
- Quality Streets are for Sharing
- ?The Future of Building? in Birmingham
- A Night at the Museum in Coventry
- Ikon Insiders
- Orchestra backs City of Culture bid through people's musical memories
- Hip hop to Bullring for Festival finale
- Riverdance star returns home to Birmingham with first solo show
- City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra News
- Your chance to influence final City of Culture bid
- 'Invisible dances' bemuse shoppers on High Street
- Hold the Front Page! UK City of Culture writing competition
- Share your memories of The REP
- Bass Festival Gets to the Heart of Music and Heritage
- Mitchy Becomes a Birmingham Bwoy
- Birmingham blogging to win title
- Put your shirt on the bid
- BRMB boss backs bid
- IDFB Dance Challenge
- Your latest fantastic photographs
- Grounded flights won’t halt the dancing
- More Birmingham architecture photos
- IDFB diary dates
- 24 hours of Birmingham culture
- Your architecture photos flooding in
- City architecture under the spotlight
- West Midlands’ Businesses back culture bid
- Election Debate: Creative Industries - 20th April, Birmingham Hippodrome
- Water-way to launch a dance festival!
- Birmingham Jazz Director up for top award
- Help us shape the Birmingham bid
- The Big Culture Blog - 24 hours in the cultural life of our city
- Night at the Museum
- Culture crown would significantly boost city tourism
- International Dance Festival Birmingham 2010
- Thinktank Goes Wild!
- West Midlands Open goes wild west
- Local people showcase their artistic talent
- Anglo Saxon Hoard Saved
- The West Midlands Open Art Show
- Come and Join the Fantasy Bus! And Find Out About Birmingham’s Big Ideas
- English Originals 2010: Grace & Danger – Danny Thompson, Graham Coxon, Bellowhead, Jackie Oates + more
- Beverley Knight to be honoured on Birmingham's Walk of Stars
- Birmingham Wins a Place on the Shortlist for UK City of Culture 2013
- Bridget Riley – Flashback Exhibition
- Launch to save the Staffordshire Hoard for the West Midlands
- Events for Children & Families at Ikon Gallery, March-May 2010
- ACE Dance and Music Spring Tour 2010
- Birmingham Celebrates Two Top Arts Awards
- Birmingham’s Big City Culture Goes International!
Black History Month 2016
Subscribe to RSS Friday, 29th July, 2016
Callout for Submissions
Birmingham Black History Month 2016 Brochure
Birmingham Blackstory Partnership
Black History Month (BHM) 2016 is taking place throughout October. The month will encompass a collection of events and activities offering opportunities for people from all around Birmingham to explore and learn about the history and heritage of African, Caribbean and Asian communities and their struggles, triumphs, lessons and legacies in order to educate, empower and motivate.
Birmingham Blackstory Partnership has been commissioned by Birmingham City Council to plan and deliver the Birmingham Black History Month 2016 launch programme. As a part of this, we are producing a brochure and website for Black History Month 2016. The brochure will list events and activities taking place in Birmingham during October and we would appreciate if you could assist us by providing details of all events and activities you have planned to celebrate this year’s Black History Month.
· Have you an event or activity that is taking place within the Birmingham boundaries?
· Is your event or activity taking place during the month of October 2016?
· Is it relevant to BAME community?
· Does your event or activity involve Young People?
· Do you want to promote your event/activity far and wide?
· Does your event or activity raise awareness about the struggles, triumphs and legacies of BAME community in Birmingham?
· Does your event or activity aim to educate, empower and motivate the wider Birmingham community about Black History?
If you have answered Yes, to most of the questions above, then complete a Submission Form to have your event or activity included in Birmingham’s Black History Month 2016 brochure and website. Deadline for submitting your information is Wednesday 10th August 2016 by 7pm.
If you would like a submission form, please email email@example.com
The Birmingham BlackStory Partnership will not be commissioning any activities or events during Black History Month. We are happy to sign-post you to people that may be able to help you plan and deliver your activity or event.