Take the 2016 challenge - try three new things throughout the year. Create, participate and experience.
2016 is The Year of Arts & Young People (YAY16) in Birmingham and will see the city’s arts organisations working together to co-ordinate and communicate a cultural offer to children and young people which supports the new, collective Creative Future strategic pledges.
Throughout 2016, the city aims to engage more young people in a range of accessible opportunities offered by theatres, galleries, concert halls, Arts organisations, independent companies, creative industries, schools, colleges, universities and communities.
All partners supporting the Year of Arts & Young People will have signed up to the City’s Cultural Strategy for Young People: Creative Future and demonstrated a commitment to giving young people aged from 0 to 25 access to high quality cultural provision through the 6 Creative Future pledges.
2016 will include:
• Thousands of free and reduced price tickets on offer from arts organisations across the city
• A year round programme of training and apprenticeship opportunities supporting young people into employment in the cultural and creative industries
• A whole host of initiatives from arts organisations large and small, to develop the future cultural leaders of the city
• The chance for young people to showcase their creative work in local neighbourhoods and city centre venues
• Access to and opportunities to participate in city wide festivals and events created for and by young people
• Opportunities for schools to be key city leaders in delivering cultural entitlement for pupils
• A range of projects specifically targeting young people facing barriers to cultural engagement
• Targeted work to support young people with additional needs, not only to access but also to play an active role in the cultural life of the city
• Supporting young people to take part in, to create and to lead The Arts and this will be shared across the city so that young people know what is out there, where to go and where else this might lead to beyond 2016
How you can get involved?
Are you planning Arts activity for young people aged between 0 and 25 in 2016?
Would you like your activity to be marketed through Birmingham City Council?
We want to get as many young people engaged in The Arts throughout 2016 as possible and to do this we need to know about the offer available throughout the city.
The Culture Commissioning team are collating information on as many events/programmes/opportunities/activities for young people in 2016 as possible to be marketed as part of YAY16
These events/programmes/opportunities/activities will be shared online at www.yay16.wordpress.com
Anyone wishing to contribute or get involved with YAY16 should complete and return the activity form below to Claire.email@example.com
For Furthur information and enquiries please call the Culture Commissioning Service on 0121 303 2434